We all know that there is no perfect replacement for natural teeth. However, we cannot control the unforeseen circumstances that can damage them. If you miss several teeth and don’t want to go through the hassle of getting dental implants, dentures in North York might be a good option.
Why consider dentures in North York?
Dentures are becoming a popular tooth replacement option because it is convenient and affordable. Removable dental appliances made from porcelain, resin, or metal can brighten your smile, giving you a more youthful appearance. Below are some of the benefits of dentures to keep in mind.
1. Talk and eat comfortably
Imagine not being able to chew your food and speak clearly. If this happened, your life would be turned upside down, making it difficult for you to do everything you love. Getting dentures will allow you to eat and speak normally once again.
2. Improve your dental health
Oral health is an essential part of overall health. This is why you need to undergo checkups and cleanings from time to time. Although dentures are false teeth, they can protect the gums from potential gum diseases. Furthermore, they also help prevent the bones in the jaw from shrinking.
3. Prevents you from looking older
Your dentist places dentures to help maintain your facial shape. Without your teeth, it can make your skin can sag, resulting in a more aged appearance. Dentures will restore your youthful appearance. Consequently, you’ll feel more confident.
Types of Dentures
Depending on the patients’ needs, there are different types of dentures. If you are looking to find the best dentures near you, you should schedule an appointment with your dentist in North York to know which option would be best for you.
It is a total replacement of both upper and lower sets of teeth. When patients have lost their teeth, they are the best option. Following the extraction or removal of any remaining teeth, they are usually ready within 8-12 months after your jaw has had time to heal.
A dentist may replace a few missing teeth with partial dentures, which prevent the remaining natural teeth from shifting. They typically have pink bases attached to replacement teeth. The base keeps the denture in place.
Snap-in dentures are the best option when it comes to stability. These dentures stay in place through implants, unlike those that rest along the gum line. In cases where patients do not have teeth but have enough bone tissue to support an implant, dentists may recommend them.
The dental implants in implant-supported dentures hold the dentures in place compared to traditional implants. Unlike conventional dentures, this type doesn’t move or slip as you speak or eat. Additionally, they are long-lasting.
What goes into making dentures?
As soon as your dentist determines what type of dentures you’ll have, they will proceed to the following steps :
- They will make a series of impressions and measurements of your jaw.
- Then, they create models based on the exact shape and position of the dentures.
- Expect to try the model several times to make sure it fits before they cast the final denture.
- As soon as the dentist has the correct size and shape, they will fabricate the final denture.
- Lastly, you’ll have a fitting of your final denture. The dentist may make adjustments to the fit and bite if necessary.
Dentures: how to adjust
Getting used to new teeth takes a few weeks or months. It is normal to experience a period of adjustment. Follow these tips to make the adjustment easier.
- Practice speaking. It will allow you to talk confidently with dentures. In addition, your mouth muscles will adjust, resulting in improved speech.
- Eat soft foods. You can also cut your food into smaller pieces.
- As soon as you learn how to chew and bite with your new teeth, you can go back to your regular diet.
- Visit your dentist for regular checkups.
Get your perfect smile back
If you’re considering dentures, your North York dentist can help. They can answer all your questions and provide you with options that will work best for you. Book an appointment today and achieve your dream smile!